2022-23 Board/Organizational Goals
Collaborative Supports and Services
Develop and support strong connections among our membership of superintendents and first-line administrators
- MAISA will continue to invest in and expand our Leadership Networks.
- MAISA will commit to expanding research supported instructional practices in all classrooms across the state.
- MAISA will expand support for new ISD superintendents.
- Coordinate leadership and formalize systems across MAISA Leadership Networks
- Leverage Leadership Networks to support our Early Literacy and Early Math Grants
- Launch a Leadership Network for New ISD Superintendents
- Work with CTE groups to strengthen the connection with MAISA
Continue to be a leader in collaboration with MDE and other Educational Organizations
- MAISA will foster effective and meaningful collaboration among and between MAISA and MDE.
- MAISA will build partnerships with other state organizations and governmental agencies that advance the priorities of the association.
- Engage in MDE/MAISA Joint Partnership Coordinating Committee
- Explore and collaborate with MDE in supporting: Mental Health, Literacy, Mathematics, and School Accountability
- Provide leadership and coordinate development for MICIP
- Integrate research practice to strengthen special education outcomes
MAISA Staff and Leadership
Strengthen and improve system-wide operations to meet the growing needs of the association and its staff
- MAISA will manage available resources and assets efficiently, cost-effectively, and equitably.
- MAISA will recruit and retain high-quality employees.
- MAISA will provide oversight for expenditure of grant funds and activities.
- Identify and adopt policies and procedures to support healthy fiscal management
- Develop human resource systems to manage staff
- Provide growth opportunities and feedback for all staff by strengthening the evaluation process
- Develop scope of work for grant projects
- Create systems to enhance MAISA’s ability to capture revenue from projects
Advocate for policy and legislative action that supports schools and enhances student achievement
- MAISA will monitor the political climate in Michigan and advocate for policies that support the association’s membership.
- Work with the Board of Directors to prioritize lobbying efforts around topics such as: Stopping Vouchers, Funding Equity, and continued support for MAISA Legislative asks
- Provide legislative talking points that members can use to advocate in their region
Framework for the Future
Provide leadership in developing world-class educational opportunities in Michigan
- MAISA will explore innovative and impactful learning models to support all Michigan learners.
- Enhance connections between MiStrategyBank, PromisingPracticeExchange, and other MAISA applications
- Identify and support capacity-building systems that enhance the work of ISDs