MAISA will take leadership in addressing policy and legislative action that supports and enhances student achievement.
- MAISA will develop a strategy through its standing committees to reduce duplication of effort and increase collaboration among our ISD/RESAs in the development of materials, products, and standards in support of improved student achievement: including operational support for the General Education Leadership Network (GELN), Early Childhood Administration Network (ECAN), the ISD Technology Directors Committee (Michigan Education Technology Leaders, METL) and ISD Special Education directors.
- MAISA will lead in the development of sustainability and expansion plans for early literacy systems and other systems of support to prevent school failure and enhance teaching performance
- MAISA will lead in the expansion of CTE options and career readiness programs.
- MAISA will help put members in the development seat of virtual reality instructional content through the expansion of the Virtual Reality Learning Initiative (VIRLI).
- MAISA will lead in the development of early mathematics essentials and develop a plan with partners for implementation.
MAISA will provide leadership and collaboration in the continued implementation of the MDE/MAISA Joint Partnership Coordinating Committee agreement to build greater capacity for organizational service and effectiveness. MAISA will work in partnership with the Michigan Department of Education to design a new model for school improvement and competency-based education.
MAISA will provide a leadership role in the development of world class educational strategies in Michigan. Important elements in these strategies should include:
- Caring for Students (C4S) – MAISA will work with state-wide organizations to develop a Medicaid system expansion.
- Early Childhood - MAISA will work with other state-wide organizations to build and implement a state-wide, comprehensive early childhood system
- Special Education – MAISA will work with MDE and other organizations to improve the statewide special education system federal reporting, including supporting the role of ISDs as sub-recipients of federal funds.
- Early College – MAISA will work with the Education Alliance and other partners to advance early post-secondary credit options.
Effective MAISA Organization
MAISA will identify and support a process to engage the MAISA membership in an on-going dialogue to create and sustain a healthy and effective MAISA organization.
ISD CEO Option for Priority Schools that are Operating Under Partnership Agreement with MDE
- Continue to advocate for the ISD Option with policymakers and develop model protocols and process documents to replace 1280c.
School Research Finance Collaborative
Provide support for implementation of the recommendations of the School Finance Research Collaborative.
Represent Intermediate School Districts as a partner in the Launch Michigan initiative.
Support the work of MAISA and MISEN through the Michigan Collaboration Hub. Expand the adoption and utilization of the project portfolio for the benefit of students across Michigan, including the work of Michigan Data Hub, SEN, EduPaths, MiSuite and MiRead.