MAISA will take leadership in addressing policy and legislative action that supports and enhances student achievement.
- MAISA will develop a strategy through its standing committees to reduce duplication of effort and increase collaboration among our ISD/RESAs in the development of materials, products, and standards in support of improved student achievement: including operational support for the General Education Leadership Network (GELN), Early Childhood Administration Network (ECAN), and the ISD Technology Directors Committee (Michigan Education Technology Leaders (METL))
- MAISA will lead in the development of sustainability and expansion plans for early literacy systems and systems of support to prevent school failure and enhance teaching performance
- MAISA will lead in the expansion of CTE options and career readiness programs
MAISA will provide leadership and collaboration in the continued implementation of the MDE/MAISA Joint Partnership Coordinating Committee agreement to build greater capacity for organizational service and effectiveness.
MAISA will work with AdvancED and partner ISDs to continually develop and improve the ISD voluntary accreditation system.
MAISA will provide a leadership role in the development of world class educational strategies in Michigan. Important elements in these strategies should include:
- Early Childhood - MAISA will work with other statewide organizations to build an dimplement a statewide, comprehensive early childhood system
- Online, Blended, and Virtual Learning - MAISA will work to identify/develop high quality, low cost online, blended, and virtual learning strategies to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of public education in Michigan, inlcuding collaboration between MVU and EduPaths
Effective MAISA Organization
MAISA will identify and support a process to engage the MAISA membership in an on-going dialogue to create and sustain a healthy and effective MAISA organization. Our board will advocate to expand membership in AESA.
ISD Prosperity Regions
MAISA will implement the Governor's initiatives through prosperity regions and other models, emphasizing ISD leadership in the STEM Council initiatives.